AccuQuilt Go! - NEW DIES - and another source

Yesterday I called AccuQuilt to ask a question and also asked if there would be new GO! dies coming out and there are several that showed up on their web site today. New strip cutters in 1", 2-1/4", and 4-1/2" as well as double wedding ring, dresden plate, a smaller drunkards path, Sunbonnet Sue and Sam, Rob Peter to pay Paul, and winding ways.

The new dies aren't available until August 20, but they are taking pre-orders if anyone is interested.

I got my Go! through J. Hittles in Louisville, Ky. They will sell to anyone, although their web site shows wholesale. I think they are a small company and sell a lot of sewing, quilting and embroidery related items. You may have to sign up to get into their web site, but you don't have to get any email from them if you don't want it. They have weekly specials on a variety of items and the prices on some are often a lot less than retail. Shipping is a flat $6.95 regardless the weight of your item(s), and if you order $100 or more then shipping is free. My orders usually arrive in 10 - 14 days, so they aren't fast, but the price is right and I'm normally not in a hurry for anything. And I didn't have to pay sales tax, although if you live in KY you may have to.

You can view the GO! prices by selecting "Accuquilt", then the item, then clicking on "Call our toll free number for pricing". Then you have to add the item to your cart to see the price, but you can remove it if you don't want it. Prices are about 30% below retail. The prices of most items show on the web page, but because AccuQuilt didn't allow advertising of less than retail price they had to "bury" it.

Here's the web site:

http://jhittlesewing.funoverload.com/sewing/catalog.php

No affiliation, etc., just a happy customer. :)

Gee I went to that site and the prices on crystals are great compared to our quilt store prices. Can you tell I'm adding bling to a quilt. I have already spent about $200 on beads and crystals and haven't got one one yet. Just working on the binding before the grandkids showed up. So I'm done til tomorrow night.

I will do somemore looking at that site.

Thanks

Shirley

Carmen, I can't get past the first page of each category, are the prices for the dies cheaper there than at Shoppersrule.com ??? I offered them $68 for a $75.00 die and they accepted the offer.. sort of funny and scary.

Edited: How rude of me! I didn't say Thank You for posting this info.

RitaR

Rita, on the right side of the web page is shows, "Click here for prices, styles and colors." That will open a new page for the item. For Accuquilt you have to click on "Please call our toll free number..." which will open yet another page showing all the items they carry. For the AccuQuilt you have to actually add the item to your cart to see the price, but that is because of the control AccuQuilt had on advertising prices. And yes, Hittle prices are better than bidding at Shoppers Rule. I'm a member of Shoppers Rule and because of their shipping cost and the sales tax their special sales prices (30 - 40% off) are about the same as Hittles, I just chose to buy from Hittle.

And, you are most welcome! :) Some things they offer are not a bargain, but I do find a lot of things at good prices.

Shirley, here's another source for crystals. I've purchased from them, but not for a few years.

http://www.creativecrystal.com/

Guest Linda S

you can buy crystals wholesale from Kandicorp.com if you have a business license. I think first minimum order is $75, then no minimum after that. I buy from them frequently.

Linda

Archived