I think I need help from an Australian......

I'm looking for a pattern which I think was available in Australia. I'll try and post a picture later.

I think the quilt is called "Sarah Evans Applique Quilt 1806". I think it may be sold separately but it was also in a book called the Fabric of Society by Annette Gero. I heard the pattern is sold separate and sold at Woodridge House but I can't find a site for that. It looks like the book costs a fortune so I'd love to find the individual pattern.

If anyone knows where this can be found, could you let me know? Or if anyone has the pattern and would like to sell it, that would be great too! BTW I'm in Canada.

Having seen the book "Fabric in Society" , and The Annette Gero quilt display of the same name, I can say they are both fantastic additions to the grey matter.

Annette collects very old quilts, and the collection was hung complete with security guards and alarms so that the quilts could not be touched. I went to see it twice.

It sound like the designer of the pattern may be Kim McLean and when I googled I found their was a distributor in the US of some of her patterns. That may be a start.

I will also ask a friend (who is an avid appliquer) if she has the pattern when I see her next.

Lyn

Sandra

Wrote a U2U but lost it.

I found an article on Kim McLean in a Quilters Companion magazine.

"Old Brights" was inspired by a Sarah Evans quilts from the early 1800's.

Kim wrote a lot of the patterns for Annette Gero's book. I don't know if that was one of them.

There are no web or email details for Kim in the article (it was September 2006.)

I will ask my friend Gail if I can have another look at the book! If you are into reproducing old quilts it is worth the money!!

Lyn

Archived