Posting pictures from a MAC

I noticed on the list your machine thread that Mercedes was still working to see how she could post pictures from a Mac. This is my method, nice and simple.

I open the picture in IPhoto,

under File I click on Export

Then in the new window I click on JPEG from the drop down menu (Kind, current)

In the JPEG Quality box I click on medium

In the Size box I click on medium

Then I click on the export button

Then a second window pops up to ask where you want it exported to, I choose to put mine on the desktop.

When I am ready to post I use the attachment feature here and find the picture on my desktop, attach it, do not preview post, but just submit the post.

When I am all done with posting that picture I put it in the trash because it is so easy to resize if I want to use it again.

Here is a picture that I have used the medium settings on. It makes a good size for here.

post--13461904829957_thumb.jpg

Madelyn,

You don't even have to export. Simply click on the picture and drag it to your desktop. If you want to move more than one picture,click on the first picture, then hold down the "shift" key and click on the last picture and let go of the shift key. You will have a yellow frame around all the pictures you selected. Hold down the clicker on your track pad and use the cursor to drag them all to your desktop. I usually create a folder on my desktop in advance and drag the pics into that folder so I don't have a mess on my desktop. I have used MAC since the 70's, there are so many easy ways of doing things. Here's another one. If you want to resize the photos you put on the desktop, select them all to open in preview. Then doing the same as above to selet all, go to "tools" then select resize. You can resize all them all at one time. Eazy peazy.

Nancy

Archived