AQS Show

I made it up to Nashville for the AQS show yesterday. My daughter in law went with me and she got so tickeled at me when I had made my 'decision' on the Mille! After that I didn't want to look at any other machines, but I did and still kept my 'decision'.

I met Myrna and Marilyn Badger. They were great! They made me feel so at ease with the machine, I was "quilting" in my sleep last night!

Unfortunately, when I got home last night my plans had fallen through. I won't be able to get my machine this week as originally planned, but will have to wait until after the first of the year. (I keep telling myself patience is a virtue!)

So, for the time being, I'll keep reading, learning, and lurking!

By the way, I bought the book Mastering the Art of McTavishing. It came with a DVD. I have watched it so many times my husband is threatening to 'accidently' loose it!

Guest Linda S

Nini - sorry to hear you can't get your machine quite yet, but it may be a blessing in disguise. Take the time to really clean your house (you won't have time afterwards -- ask me how I know!), make some ready-made meals and put them in the freezer, and piece together as many quilt tops as you can. You will love that machine when you get it, and you will have lots of things to practice your beautiful stitches on!

Linda

Hi Nini - I think Linda is right. This delay is a blessing in disguise. When I jumped in with both feet, I had to re-arange my sewing room, paint, figure out what to do with all the stuff I pulled out of the sewing room, and just ran out of time before my machine arrived. I only had one small quilt top completed so I have now put together 2 more tops that I will be quilting soon. I still have 4 more pigs (Projects In Grocery Sacks) to get put together but now I am more busy and have less time. Take advantage of this delay. You'll be glad and you can dream of quilting all the project that you are working on as you sew them.

Archived