Freebie uploaded on www.digitechpatterns.com

Jess

As we are still in the process of getting more & more designs uploaded onto the website, we wanted to offer those of you who are waiting patiently for more designs a little bonus. So, we uploaded a FREEBIE border pattern available for download so that everyone could try out one of our designs. It is a very simple design, but I think it would be a great addition to a quilter's stash. It was designed for fairly narrow borders, but we also sewed it out at about 2.5x5" & it looked just as good. We recommend that it be run at the combination of : 70% on speed dial, 1.5 program sew speed, 7.5 on the manual stitch guage, especially when you do it small because it has a complete circle & curved lines that benefit in appearance from smaller stitches.

You will need to sign in as a customer to complete the download, but your credit card or paypal account will not be charged anything. The "sale price" shows up on the checkout page.

As a side note, if you have trouble with a design that has sewn out well previously, check to see if you are leaning on your bars. When you lean, you flex the bars, even just a little. When this happens it has the effect of making the machine head sew off registration because the fabric has moved. So set the machine up to run & then.....back away from the machine...;) while it is running. Afterall, it doesn't take much for a line of stitching to look like it is not backtracking correctly - maybe 1/64"!

If anyone has any questions about the designs on our site or upcoming designs, just let me know.

BTW: we are still getting the designs we have up ready to convert to embroidery formats also & the next bunch of designs to go up will be several panto designs from Sue Schmieden & 1 or 2 of my own. One simple vine border design & one I really like called Jacobean Leaves (really dense at 6x22" repeat, & still pretty full at 12x41", but that's what I love about CQ, I can actually think about doing pantos that I know wouldn't work if a person was going to follow with their laser, but work great with CQ.

Have a great day,

Hi Jess and everyone

Jess wrote: As a side note, if you have trouble with a design that has sewn out well previously, check to see if you are leaning on your bars. When you lean, you flex the bars, even just a little. When this happens it has the effect of making the machine head sew off registration because the fabric has moved. So set the machine up to run & then.....back away from the machine... while it is running. Afterall, it doesn't take much for a line of stitching to look like it is not backtracking correctly - maybe 1/64"!

Thats a really good point and for the same reason I am now loading my top onto the NO.2 roller for designs where I need to be really accurate - ie cathedral windows, cross hatching using the zig zag pattern.

Best wishes

Sue in Australia

Archived