Quilting Suggestions Please

Help please with quilting designs on a small coin quilt with tone on tone white strips and the coins are in 30's prints. And the second one is a variety of 2" strips, as in stash buster,(40" long) in purple/white prints sewn together to form a whole cloth with a purple border. The straight lines of these .....well, I just don't know. Any help would be greatly appreciated. These were pieced by my daughter so I have to do something!!!! TIA.

Hi Janice,

The 30's repro quilt can look great with an overall that gives it some texture. In spite of the scrappiness of the fabric, the colors and prints will look good with your favorite medium-density panto (especially one with lots of curves) or your best overall-again with lots of curves. I have an overall I use mostly with 30's--I'll see if I have a photo to share.

As for the strippy wholecloth--go against the geometry of it-- again with curves. Swirls or a loopy overall where the loops are very round would be good choices. Even that double bubble panto would be great.

I found a photo from several years ago--the cloud-like overall used was as a filler for a 30's quilt. The other design was for a sashing. Enlarged so the clouds are the size of a quarter, it is very nice as an overall design.

post--13461905095014_thumb.jpg

Archived