another learning/practice piece, pic.

If we are doing things right we should be learning something from each quilt we do, guess what I learned on this one! This was quilted on George using Invisifil on top and bottom. One thing I did learn was that when my thread starts breaking after not having any problem in the rest of the quilting, check the wicks! I finally did (they had been wet all other times with time between checking too). I oiled and the breaking stopped!

Here is the quilt I made for our pastor as he retired this year. It is to fit their king bed. The outside border fabric was left from the curtains that her mom had made for them, so now they can look coordinated!

The pattern is Tessellating Stars from the book Strip Therapy (I think). If you chose to make one similar, be sure to cut the fabrics open to single layer style instead of folded strips. When folded the angles on the bottom layer don't go the same direction as the ones on the top layer--they don't play well together when you try to fit them into the pattern design!! That is why the outside pieced border is here instead of a larger center portion. I finally put all the second layer quarter blocks side by side and they made the pieced border

post--13461905307253_thumb.jpg

the quilting in all the light strips. I missed getting the separate pictures of each of the different color designs and the borders. The red border has alternating Sally Terry hearts, the pieced border has single ribbon curls coming from the outside edge in all but the red, and feathers in the floral edge border. I used cream Invisifil in the light strips, red in the red, and blue in the blue. A more taupe one on the pieced border in all the colors and it blended great.

This picture was taken for another forum where someone wanted to know what she could use for marking on light. This is washable marker and came out fine.

post--13461905308881_thumb.jpg

Archived