Trying to set up a website

Okay, I have taken the plunge and purchased a website. I went through StartLogic. Unfortunately, I don't know what I am doing at all. I have managed to put together a template and set up some tabs for pages, but I can't seem to figure out how to add content to those pages. Like clicking on a pricing page and seeing prices. I am completely illiterate at this. Does anyone have any advice? What do I do next? None of the tutorials at StartLogic mean anything to me at all. What is an FTP for instance? I knew I was in over my head with this one!

I had nothing but trouble when I set up my web site with StartLogic. Judy Laguardia (spelling) has her site through them also, you might want to check with her. I used Publisher to set up my pages and things went smooth until I launched it, then all you know what broke loose. I can't change anything on the web pages. Don't know how. If you are not a computer guru the tech people are not very helpful, in my opinion. I even had my son and his friend over to help me - both computer techs at the companies they work for (H & R Block and a government company) and they talked to the techs at StartLogic and got no where. When my year is up, I am going to contact someone about redoing my site. Sorry, I know that doesn't help you. Judy swears by it, so I would contact her by email or phone and see what she can tell you.

Good luck!!

I've been with Start Logic for several years and have had no problems. They've grown and sometimes the wait for customer service is a bit long but it's toll free. Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville just switched to SL and I think she had no problems switching over.

I've recently switched my blog there too and am happy with them.

Working with the web pages is really frustrating since I don't have a clue what I'm doing but I can't blame them for that.

Good luck!

Archived