ideas please 2nd try

Here's Joyce's quilt I'll try to post a close up of the center this is a queen size. BYW she loves feathers If you didn't see the previous try would love some ideas. Joyce who is on the forum doesn't do alot of custom so I'm doing this one for her. The applique and piecing is awesome! It has been basted for hand quilting some years ago the basting is still there.

post--13461905458737_thumb.jpg

That's really pretty. I haven't done much applique, so wait for more input than mineLOL

I'd outline around the applique and probably echo once. Then do a pretty fill in the background. I'd put nice feathers in the next border and the dark green one. And maybe a different fill or a geometric to give some contrast in the medium green borders.

It is hard to see so small but I think this is a really pretty top and has lots of potential for beautiful quilting. I would SID all the applique and maybe connect them with a swag or something like that. McTavishing would look beautiful in the background. I see feathers in the green area, maybe with some straight line work to keep the separation of the colors a little.

Archived