first grandson quilt, need quilting design advice

We are expecting our first grandson, (YIPPEE!!!), at the end of May. I have just completed what is probably the first of many quilts for him. I usually stick to pantographs, or continuous curves in my quilts, but I would like something special for this one, but am not sure what. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. All right, I'm stumped, I've tried, and had to delete this message 5 times, because it keeps telling me that the attachment is too big, even though I've resized it down to 300 x 400 pixels. Grrrrrr. But, there is a picture of the quilt on my blog, if you can help

Hi Cathy - I love your choices of fabrics for this quilt. Great colors and there are many ways that you could quilt this one. The four patches could be Terry Twists (gives it some curves with out being too girly). Some bamboo shoots in the narrow white sashings, and maybe some stair step stitching or Greek keys in the piano key borders. Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

Also on posting pics, your size was almost too small and I enlarged it. when you post - DON'T PREVIEW - as this erases it. Maybe that was what you were doing.

post--13461905527718_thumb.jpg

Archived