Using Stitch Regulator, it just hummes

Barb,

First you have to hit the green button on the left handle (when standing at the front of the machine). Then you have to depress the little button on the right handle (function button at about 12:00 position on the handle) and while holding that in, then push the blue button once. Sometimes I don't think the SR has turned on so I press the blue button again and in effect, have turn it off! You should hear the "chirping" noise when SR is on. I hit the blue button only once and then try to move the machine. Sometimes I surprise myself to find the SR is engaged when I didn't think it was. The machine hums so quietly when idling in SR mode (it idles until you move the machine) it is easy to think it isn't on and hit the button again!

Nancy

Barb: Did you call APQS? I was wondering today what you had found out.

So, when you first start out, is it making large stitches or just no stitches at all?

Let us know what you end up doing that fixes it because you know some of us will eventually have the same problem.

Barb,

The SR and back wheels with the decoder box are interrelated. Have you checked this? Are the connections tight? Is it rider on the wheel correctly? If you have the APQS maintenance video, they show and excellent description of how it should be set. I just watched the video again tonight and this occurred to me. I hate to see you belly-up over the weekend. I hope it gets worked out and not something major.

Nancy :)

Archived