Question for Linda S

FrammaJoy

Hi Linda,

Wanted to ask you: You stated that you own the Ruler Mate (I think that's correct) by Donita Reeve. I was just looking at a picture of it on her site. Am wondering: Do you leave it on all the time or do you remove it when not doing ruler work? The one thing I don't like about mine, is I always have to remove it and put it back on, remove it and put it back on, and on and on it goes.

I would love one you could just leave on even while doing a panto, for instance. Mine would keep bumping into things and make my sewing space much smaller.

Hugs, Joy

HI Joy. I leave mine on if I'm going to be a lot of custom qulting, but I take if off if I'm going to do pantos. It's always easier to move your machine under the quilt sandwich without the extended base on. I did, however, raise my quilt top roller, and my leveler bar a bit to make up for the extended base. It fits easily under both rollers and doesn't limit my quilting space.

Linda

Joy - it attaches with the screws that are currently used to hold on the throat-plate on your machine. All you need is a phillips screwdriver. Very easy on and off. It doesn't just slip on like the Hartley base expander, but it is a lot more stable. I didn't need to raise my hopping foot - it's the same thickness as the present throat plate.

Linda

I have the hartley base expander and would love to just keep it on all the time. My problem is it limits my space with the front roller and the leveler bar. I thought these couldn't be adjusted and I was stuck. If that is not true please let me know and what I need to do to raise these.

Thanks,

Sheryl

www.shedznbedz.com

I'm not sure how or if this will affect your quilt sandwich. I raised my machine head because of my Circle Lord, so I raised the bars too. You loosen them with an allen wrench, then loosen the nut at the bottom of the brackets that hold the bars. Turn the brackets counter-clockwise (lefty loosey) and the will go up. I counted the number of turns on each so I would be sure they were all even. When you have them where you want them, tighten the nut back down and put your bars back in place.

Linda

Archived