Foot upgrade question

Hi -

I'm wondering if anyone has upgraded their foot from the old style (needing the snap on adapter) to the new one. Are you happy? Are you not? How's the visability when doing picky stuff? I think I've seen a picture somewhere of one with a notch taken out of it for better visability - that would interest me a lot. I'm at a point right now where I would love to, while freehanding, reach over and grab a ruler to 'hem' myself in or do CC from time to time without committing to putting the adapter on, then check my hopping foot hight, etc.,etc.

How much does a new foot cost? How easy or hard is it to install?

Thanks in advance,

Lisa Thiessen

www.threadsinmotion.ca

The foot we have now gives great visibillity - love it. The plastic adapter was a great temporary improvement for using rulers until the more permanent one was designed. I think APQS tried 3 different shapes of cut out until the major of APQS owners approved the current one.

Sue in Australia

• 3 months later...

I'm trying to change out my hopping foot, on step 3 it tells me to remove the screw and finger located on the underside of the needle plate. My problem is that the screw is some funny shape not your typical phillips head and dosen't look like an allen either. Does anyone know what tool takes this screw out?

Thanks

Archived