Wedd.Ring...Grammie

Did you get that wedd. ring quilted in time, Grammie? Can you provide some details? Even a pic? See, I'm making one now just so I can quilt it..cause it seems challenging! My pattern has those triangle shapes coming out between the rings also, and I'm interested in how you put the binding on! Thanks, Elaine

Yes I did and I just rushed it to customer so I forgot to get a photo of the back. The quilting didn't really show on the front with the novelty print. It looked awesome on the back though. Sorry I didn't get the photo. I was alittle mad at myself for that.

Because I got it done quicker than I thought I would the customer chose to do the binding. YIPPY!! I have to work on that type of binding. I have not done that before. It had many curves and Points.

It wasn't hard to quilt at all. I kept it simple. I did a sqiggle line inside the archs just inside the seam line and my thread hardly showed up on front, and a center motif in each open space. I did candy in the small oval space. This way I didn't have to SID and I got it completed quicker. It looked really good. The customer loved it. The fabric was kinda whimsey and this fitted the quilt. I have another one to do for a customer and I plan to do a Custom. I'm still staring at right now. Need to get it done by Christmas.

Thanks for asking me though.

Good Luck. You CAN DO IT!!!!!

Thanks Grammie...please keep us posted on the details of the one you now have and the decisions you make as you go! Elaine ps. the one I'm making is now 4x5 rings and I'm going for 9x9 rings and was only concentrating on the background quilting ideas, hadn't given a thought to the rings:( def. decided not to SID! Elaine

Archived