did I break it ???

mbq

I ran over a T-pin when machine basting the top of a quilt & my machine jammed. I turned it off, changed the bent needle & now the needle up button will not function. The channel locks seem OK, as do the stitch regulator button & speed buttons. Any ideas from all you experienced LA ers ?? Thanks a million, Valerie :(

Valerie

Is the needle positioner button NOT working on both back and front handles?

check to see if your thread cutter blade is in mid cycle?

Can you raise and lower the needle with the thumbwheel instead of the needle positioner buttom?

Turn the machine off and unplug from the wall socket. Wait a minute and then turn it all back on and try again.

Good luck.

Sue in Australia

Hi Valerie

Not a stupid question at all. Have a look at the thread cutter arm through the plexiglass cover - it should be resting towards 5 o clock. You could try pressing the thread cutter button a couple of times to see if it moves as it should, then try the needle positioner again. The thread cutter and needle positioner cannot both work at the same time (its a safety feature) so if the thread cutter is not in the correct position or the needle is not fully up one or the other won't work.

You might also check the height of the needle ie. how much of the eye is showing in the hook assembly area when you manually wind the needle down - check the manual in the timing section for detailed instructions on what to look for.

Best wishes

Sue in Australia

Sue

Thanks so much for taking the time to give me a hand ( from Australia no less!) I decided to call it a day yesterday & wait until I could call the factor & speak to either Amy or Mark. My fingers are crossed that it will be a simple fix & not the dreaded re-timing I've heard about.

Thanks, Valerie

I'm back on track thanks to Amy at the factory ...... it was a very simple fix. I had to change the fuse located just above the ON/OFF switch on my Millie. It's a 3.15 AMP fuse which must be a "slow blow". It's an inexpensive item to have on hand ( save yourself a trip to the store when you're in the middle of quilting) Thrilled I didn't need to re-time (this time :)

Valerie

Archived