mono poly thread breaking

Does anyone know why my mono poly thread would break every 6 to 12 inches....I am running w/ stitch regulator, tension seems fine....needle is in straight.....threaded properly....using prewound bobbins in bottom.....this is the first time I have used it and its driving me nuts!

thank you for any advice you can give me

If it is breaking, it is too tight!

Back off of that top tension until you almost have loops on the top, then slowly tighten down the tension until it looks good. Be sure to quilt it out on a scrap piece.

Mono is fussy, you just need the tension loosen up. ;)

Let us know how it goes!:D

• 4 months later...

I am a new millie quilter - and have a quilt with a black borders and white backing, I used black thread on top and white thread in the bobbin and don't like the way the stitches look. Should I try the monofilament nylon thread from APQS? Does it stitch well and would it look better? Please Help !!!

Deb

scq-----

MonoPoly needs to be used with a spool holder on top of the machine so it can pull off horizontally from the spool. I thread only two holes of the three-hole guide and, as Linda said, loosen up the tension. For bobbin thread, try Bottom Line or So Fine.

dsh-----

MonoPoly is also available in a smoke (almost black) for use on darker tops. You can use it on top easier than in the bobbin, in my experience. This poly thread is not stiff like the nylon monofilament and doesn't melt from heat. Good luck to all!

Linda R

Archived