Quilt it How??

How do i quilt the face and chest area? Customer wants me to follow the lines of the hair and dress. I'm afraid if I do nothing in the face it will look funny with all the quilting in the hair but I don't know what. Help!!! I've never done anything like this. And I did share this with the customer. Her comment, "I have faith in you". I want to live up to her expectations.

TIA

post--13461906301248_thumb.jpg

Could you use monopoly or the equivalent and follow the lines of the eyes, mouth and shading in the cheeks? Nothing too heavy, but enough to not look weird without anything as compared to the rest of the quilt. Chest? Maybe just around the neckline of the dress and/or follow some of the shading lines. Give her some "age wrinkles" like the rest of us?

Someone's going to chime in here with some brilliant suggestions soon.

Connie, I would follow the line around the face, neck, and ribbon affect around the chest. If you quilt in all the shade parts of the dress, wings, etc, that will make the face stand out. If you once start outlining the eyes, mouth and nose, you will need to quilt lines on the face to make it all blend together. I quilted a fairy on the order of yours and I didn't quilt her face but quilted around it to make the face stand out. You can see it on my blog. Sharon Schamber has a couple of quilts that she did where she quilted the face and it really looks great. But she is the master and I'm not ......lol

Do you know the name of that panel??? I would love to quilt this one.....

Archived