ANOTHER STUPID MISTAKE

What a pretty quilt...and I like the stencil...will need to add it to my almost 200 or so. I love stencils and I'm starting to run out of room for them. Wonder how this one got by me. :P

I always called it the "Galloping Horse Test" same thing as your 30 MPH but by horse. :cool:

I got homesick the other day, when I was looking at your pictures of the dogs....great pair. The open spaces and the bright clear BLUE sky....man oh man....almost packed the Durango and headed west. :(

To answer the question about the folds on the quilt back. I think one is the size..................this was a huge king size. Another factor is that the back was pieced and she did not remove the selvedge from the seam which was a vertical seam. The top was also not totally flat so needed some easing. The fabric used in the quilt was also definaly not top quality fabric. All these things combined and the biggest factor is I should have looked at the back each time I rolled the quilt. I can work with some pretty poorly pieced things and make them look pretty good but it does require more care on my part to ensure that everything is pulled nice and taut. I do take pride in working on whatever I get and doing a good job so someone is happy with thier quilt..................figure my job is to quilt not to judge someone elses piecing ability.

Archived