Thread cutter not working

Ok I cleaned the thread cutter and all the parts and put everything back on. Still not cutting.

I rarely use the thread cutter so it is no emergency or anything. Is there something else I need to check?

Do the Blades DULL over time. I used it alot at first and now I rarely use. None the less I want it to work.

Any suggestions just let me have it. lol

Hi Grammie

If the cutter arm is going over to the blades, is there a build up of thread or lint between the blades? If so blow out the lint and the blades will re-align.

Is the cutter arm not going as far as the blades?

Is the cutter arm going in between the blades?

Good luck

Sue in Australia

• 4 weeks later...

Tammie,

Make sure that the beveled edges on the blades are in the right spots. The bottom blade has the beveled edge down and the top on is up so you can see it. Also you don't want the little gold screws tight. When the arm goes into the blades you should be able to hear a scraping sound. If you still have problems, call in and Amy or Amber will get you going. :)

Barbara,

If you look down under at the front of the thread cutter on the side of the machine, you will see the little shaft that comes down from the arm and goes into a linkage rod that is inside the cutter tube. There is a little allen set screw there holding that tight. If your cutter arm is too far back in the idle position under your needle plate, it won't reach the cutter blades. Loosen the set screw and push the arm forward a little bit and then retighten. See if it will now reach. You will need to take off the needle plate so you can see when doing this adjustment. Again if all else fails, call in to the techs and they will help you with the adjustment.

Take care,

Archived