George machine

Hi, I have been thinking of getting a long arm machine for quite some time but due to space constraints will probably go with a George or something similar to it. Does any one have any experience with this machine? Does it have a regulated stitch or sew like a standard machine. Does any one know of a dealer in the northeast? I have only seen this machine on commercials never in person. I need to find a better way to finish my quilts, using my regular sewing machine is too fustrating. Thanks to all who reply. DB

Thank you for the prompt reply. I originally went on that web site, which is how I located this chat site. The only dealers listed are in Ia, Mn and Wi. I live in Ma. near RI. Those dealers are in the midwest. I have seen and tried some of the stand up long arms at shows but have yet to see a George machine. Is it just too new and hasn't made the rounds yet? DB

Hi DB,

Yes, George is our latest & greatest addition to the APQS family! :D

You can see him at most of the major quilting shows through out the United States.

If that doesnt work out for you, please drop me a line & I can put together some ideas for you!;)

Happy Quilting!

Linda

Hey DB,

I've been interested in the George model too and have been hoping George owners would start to show up and share their experiences here on this site, but not many posts so far.

I think, but I could be wrong, that the George model has a speed regulator, but not a stitch regulator. Is that right Linda?

I'm wondering if APQS would ever consider creating a demo video so people can view it in action online. Or perhaps they could send it out on a DVD through the mail to people who are interested and who don't live near a dealer or can't make it to a quilt show?

Just an idea......

Kathy

Thanks Kathy!

We have some great things in the works! ;)

I will have George in my Show room at the end of the month with an Open House on November 18th for those that want to test drive George! :D

E-mail me for details!:)

Hey Kathy,

You're right, George has a speed regulator--very useful. The engineers are working on a stitch regulator that would retro-fitable, but it probably won't be a feature on all Georges, because not all quilters want one and it would just raise the price for everybody else.

Hi Joanne! Are you coming to Houston?

Claudia (Myers)

Wow, thanks Joann, I didn't watch the show, but maybe APQS could get permission from Fons and Porter, to get copies of the segment in their show with Ricky Tims with George, and put it on video for their website or on a DVD as part of a promotional video!

Thanks Claudia, I'm so happy to know a stitch regulator will be an add on option in the future!

Archived