computer question HELP!!

For thise comuter whizes. I have a desk=top that is barely working and a newer lap-top with Windows 7. What am I hitting when I'm typing on my laptop a reply or doing a post that will erase everything I just typed? I'm getting tired of this.. How can I avoid this happening? I'm sure I'm hitting some sort of short cut keys that I have no clue what they are. Just now face-book popped up and I don't know why. It's driving me nuts!

I'm really not computer challanged I work on one all day at work.

I've had the same issues with the new Win 7. my mouse gets down on the lower tray and lands on one of the windows that is open in the background. Drives me buggy and sometimes that hidden window opens up on top of the one I want to work on. Not sure what the answer is. I wanted to set Windows back to the old basic/classic I was used to, but can't do it. I also have a laptop with Vista and a netbook with the previous version of Windows - hard to switch between them.

Guest Linda S

I can't remember the combination, but it's something like control V or one of those things. Perhaps you think you are hitting the shift key and you are hitting one of the combinations that wipes things out. If you stop immediately, control Z may get it all back for you.

Thanks Linda for the tip. I'm glad that I'm not the only one that this is drivng crazy. I'm getting tired of doing the same thing sometimes 3 or 4 times,

Linda, do you know any way of stopping the combo keys? (short-cuts)

Archived