MM Wheels

I have installed the new wheels on my machine and I LOVE them. I am able to do so much that I couldn't before, because of the increased amount of control I now have. However, I am finding that the increased height of the machine is causing problems with the front rail that the quilt top attaches to. It needs to be raised. I have seen comments on the forum here, saying that this might be necessary, but no instructions on how to do this. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thank you.

Hi Cathy,

To raise the roller, remove the shoulder bolt and silver spacer from the left side of the roller (when facing the freehand side of the machine). Then you can lift the other side of the roller out of the silver hyme joint ( it looks like a giant ball bearing). Next loosen the large nut on that hyme joint and the hyme joint on the side you removed the shoulder bolt from. Now turn each hyme joint counterclockwise the same number of rotations to raise the joints up.

Reinsert the roller when you feel it is up enough to clear your machine. The silver spacer goes between the roller and the hyme joint, then the shoulder bolt goes through the hyme joint into the roller again. This works for both the leveler bar and the quilt top roller.

Archived