Longevity/endurance

Well lets see....I have had my ULT II since September of 1996/7 and it was one year old when I bought it used from APQS....they had gone though it and it was under complete warranty for one year...I started quilting for a LQS in the fall of 1999 and to date have done about 650 quilts.... Personally I feel that isn't something to cough at....The maintenance was general oiling and cleaning after each quilt, with several times with re-timing....the machine hates hitthings things like a pin left in the quilt. In 2003 the head was sent back to APQS for a new needle bar, motor and some adjustments, nothing major, just things related with the other stuff. I plan to keep this machine going until they no longer make parts for it.... They no longer make my issue from what I understand so have no idea how long that will be.

Originally posted by BanAir

I'd like to find out who has had thier machines the longest (10 yrs or more?) and have worked them the hardest. What type of maintenance schedule did you keep? Any replacement parts needed? Expected lifespan of machine.

Gdt

I'm so glad to hear how long these machine have been in constant use. Thanks for all the comments, it helps in making the decision to jump into LA quilting. I have not seen any LA quilters in my area that I can contact. I'm in west central Florida. Would love to meet and chat with them about their experiences.

I think I have attached a quilt I made for a club member. It's a little different from what I have seen in the chat rooms and thought you all might find it interesting.

Archived