How to get the word out about a new website?

loraquilts

Well, I think I posted this in the wrong place a little while ago, so I'll try this as it seems more appropriate.

I'm still working on getting my website up and running -- working out some bugs and design issues, but I could really use any comments or suggestions for improvement you may have. I'm not trying to sell you anything, I'm just looking for your ideas on how to best market my website and get the word out that it's out there.

The website is www.ThimbleBee.com

I have several pages that describe the services I offer. I know I need to load more pictures (when I remember to take them!). There is also a chat forum where I've preloaded some topics. What do you think of it?

I'm looking for your honest feedback. Don't feel you have to be all "wow everything is wonderful". I'm okay with honest criticism (just please no bashing - I bruise easy :P).

Thanks in advance for your time and honesty. I really appreciate them both!!!

Hi Lora,

Your website is very professional looking. I'd suggest speeding up the change time for the home page photo that rotates from quilting, embroidery and sewing. On the long arm services page, I loved the way the pages slide open when you put your cursor on a topic. On the home page, maybe add in boldface, the type of each service, in front of the description of the service. Sounds like your business is on a roll. Congratulations!

Thanks for the great suggestions. I'm still working on the website. I know I have a long way to go, but I'm really excited about it. I would love to get people involved on the forum page too, so I think I'll start "chatting it up" at my local sewing/quilting club. Of course you are all welcome to join too. :)

Any more ideas? I'm always open to suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I think we've made most of the changes. I know my programmer has added some extra stuff too. Is it too much now? I could really use your open, honest, candid feedback on what you like, what you don't like, links that don't work, too much information, not enough information, registration ease or suggestions, etc.

As always, TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTY!!!!!!!!!

Guest Linda S

It looks nice. Probably word of mouth (or keyboard!) will be your best bet. There are tools on the internet to have your site show up first when people are searching for various things, but they can be very expensive.

Archived