MQX MQS ???

Well first off not a stupid question...They are very similar both have classes and a huge quilt show and vendor malls. They are run by different people but do have alot of the same teachers and classes. MQX stands for Machine Quilters Exposition and MQS stands for Machine Quilters Showcase. MQX has two shows one in April in rhode island and the other actually right now in portland Oregon. MQS is in May.

As far as which to go to its your choice and what fits in your schedule as you can see alot of the same teachers do both companies so whatever works for you.

Guest Linda S

Machine Quilters Showcase is the annual show of the International Machine Quilters Association. It is probably a bit larger than MQX and is geared mainly for longarm quilters. The Machine Quilters Exposition is run by Janet-Lee Santeusanio and Mary Schilke, and has been in existence on the east coast for about ten years or eleven years. While it is a machine quilting show, it is geared for all types of people who use a machine to quilt - stand up, or sit down. There are also a lot of classes in piecing techniques, dyeing, paints, etc. This year was their first show on the west coast, and they will be back again next year - October 15-20. Machine Quilters Showcase is in Overland Park, Kansas, in 2012 (May), but will move to Wichita in 2013. I think MQX will have an alternate west coast location in 2013, but it's a bit early to know for sure now. One thing is certain -- no matter which show you go to, you will see fabulous quilts, meet wonderful people, take great classes, and really have the time of your life. I highly recommend it. I've done at least one show a year (sometimes more) since I got my machine.(2004).

Archived