Cash Flow

Need more room in your closet? Need to create some cash flow in a hurry? I Just thought of this idea last night and it was a hit.

I save all the leftover pieces of batting I have from cutting off the rolls of batting I have in my studio for customer quilts. I measure those batting "scraps", pin a note on them indicating the size and type of batting, fold 'em up and stuff them in the closet. I'm thinking of course that just the right size quilt will come along for me to use those with. If I get really motivated (it's only happened once) I can always sit down some afternoon and piece them into bigger sizes.

This morning I stuffed my SUV with those piles of batts and took them to guild. SOLD out! Layed them out on a table where everyone would see them. Ladies just can't resist a bargain. I priced them at my cost and the relatively small pieces of batting were a real hit. Some were long and skinny, but they saw it was enough to piece into a small lap quilt or wallhanging. Better them than me! And I get my closet space back.

It's time for me to get back to quilting, I've got more batting to cut up! ~~ Eva H.

Archived