Quilter's Dream Puff batting

I'm looking for hints on quilting with dream puff. I did a panto and it was ok to work with. Now I'm doing a custom with lots of SID and I'm having a terrible time getting it to look like anything. I have been fully floating my quilts for a while. But maybe I shouldn't float when using this batting. Either that or SID & this batting is not a good combo.

Any suggestions you have would be great. Luckily the quilt is for our adult grandson who lives with us to give to his other grandparents. They wouldn't know a sewing machine if they tripped over it. And the minute the package is opened it will be covered in cat hair. But he is really excited to be giving it to them.

Guest Linda S

I'm not sure what you mean by "fluffy floating." I've used Dream Puff several times with no problems. I do a half-float, and I usually do SID on a quilt unless it's a panto.

I think that's "fully floating," Linda, but I kind of like "fluffy floating"!

I generally do a full float, as well, and I had problems when I used QD wool, which had a much higher loft than the Hobbs 80/20 I usually use. Next time I use a fluffier batting, I plan to not float at all so I can see if that will help me have better control.

Archived