Tip on Rulers

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

Some of you may have noticed how expensive rulers are for Longarm quilting. I would recommend that you check out some of the rulers from Constantine Quilts. I have several in my collection now. They are wonderful rulers and are very reasonably priced. I have gotten most of mine at Columbia River Quilting, but I think Kingsmen may have them and I've gotten a few at shows. Saving money and getting a great product is a wonderful thing in business! :D

Linda

Guest Linda S

Carolyn - They are actually called Constantine Quilts Rulers, made by Tracey (oh dear - my old timer's has kicked in and I've forgotten her last name!). Anyway, she's from Australia, and she makes these wonderful rulers and templates that really work well and they are so much less expensive than a lot of the rulers out there. You just have to try them.

Linda :D

Guest Linda S

It's Tracey BROWNING! She's in Australia and she is an APQS owner. You can order directly from her at Constantine Quilts or you can get her rulers from Columbia River Quilting. There are several that are useful. I have a set of the continuous curve rulers (I'm not that good at doing CC freehand) that you can use in blocks or triangles. I also have her applique quide, which is a ruler that slides down over the hopping foot and gives you excellent control for moving the foot around applique designs (or motifs on T-shirts!). She has templates for doing shells and hearts and ovals and all sorts of things. They are a mere fraction of the cost of many of the other longarm rulers and templates on the market.

I do have a Hartley Fence. I'm just learning how to use it. I don't have the cookie cutter templates for it, but can see that it would be cool to use for baptist fans, circles, and such.

Linda

You know, if you ask a question, it will get answered.

Linda, I just wanna reach out and hug you.

I have a potential customer that wants me to do a log cabin SID, I keep telling her I am not ready, she said when I am, let her know.

The App & SID ruler is perfect for this. Been racking my brain on how to get them done without looking like I was drinking and driving.

Dont wanna get a DUI for driving a L/A under the influence, my homeowners insurance go up, LOL.

Anyways, I know I am not that funny, but I am gonna have to order one now.

Blessings and hugs

Guest Linda S

Tracey! I know what you mean! You have to figure that the longarm is based on an X/Y axis sort of thing. Takes a bit of coaxing to get it to go in other directions. Now, when I'm on the fly, it's usually no problem, but when I need to slow down for detailed work, it can get a little hairy. Start to walk that straight line while counting to ten and I get as far as wo . . . before I make a bobble! :o

Gotta have those rulers and guides, especially for diagonal work! ;)

And, I think you're awfully cute. :D

Linda

I have a hartley base expander with the rulers that come with that, it is wonderful. I have done two Irish chains with those.

I am not a detail oriented person to begin with, so rulers, a lot of focusing and my ADHD meds are a must for me.

Oh and another note,

I called Columbia River yesterday. He is backordered, but is expecting more by the end of this week.

The SID/Applique ruler will be no more than $10 with shipping.

Hi Jacqueline

Most of the rulers will fit any machine that you may own. However some of them are machine specific and now I will need to know whether you also have the new ruler foot from APQS or the old one that uses the plastic adaptor for rulers/templates. On my website I have a drop down box on my ruler order form to allow you to let me know what type of machine that you have. Not sure on Dan's site at Columbia River Quilting you would have to check that out....

The rulers that are machine specific are the applique guide, shells rulers and the swags rulers! There are also pictures of these rulers, tips & tricks on using them, inspirational photos and diagrams to assist you in getting the most from them. Make sure that you 'think outside the square' with the rulers that you do own. There are many alternative applications for these different shapes other than the obvious that you can utilise to get the best value for your money!!

Hope this helps some of you and thankyou Linda for your wonderful comments - I am so pleased that you are enjoying your Aussie rulers!!

Cheers from Australia

Tracey Browning

www.constantinequilts.com

Agery, South Australia

Archived