Bobbin Cam - finally got to use with a Panto

Oh my goodness, I can finally do a panto! I just couldn't get it from the back, only the simplest were possible for me. With the Bobbin cam and the mirco handles, I can finally do some with those gorgeous long curves and a bit of symmetry. So happy with it. It just feels so much better doing it from the front. I still need practice, but at least now I feel like there's a way to get there :)

I have the second camera camera connected at the same place as the laser. What you see on the screen is a small portion of the panto with the laser light on it. It's great and for me, the biggest selling point. I think they should advertise that a bit more and explain a bit more about how that works. Hope that helps. If not I can post pictures later today when I get home.

Does this make you feel dizzy at all Ardelle doing a panto from a screen? I am confused as to how you would need to move the machine on a tiny screen rather than the actual sized pantograph? Do you move the machine as fast as normal?

I need to see this in action somewhere, has anyone got a video on you tube or something of this?

I'm not nearly as experienced nor proficient as Ardelle, but I can actually go faster and smoother from the front than I can from the back. But honestly, I never did grasp how to get things going from the back. It took me about half a row to get use to seeing only part of the panto and not the whole thing. I actually thought it was going to take longer. When the bobbin runs out, I do have to trace a little to be able to tell which direction I'm suppose to go, but it was really so much better at least for me. Not sure about videos anywhere. If I find one, I'll be sure to post.

Thanks,

I found a video by matt sparrow (manquilter) on you tube when I searched bobbincam, very helpful to see it up close.

I suppose everyones panto skills are different though, and it would be pretty subjective to say if it were quicker or slower than following the paper panto.

I find that as I move the machine, the screen follows....hard to explain....Yes Janette, I sew just as fast, maybe faster than when using paper panto's. Of course then there is the benifit of being in the front when things need done, like advancing, broken thread, empty bobbin. I have used it for many pantos, have not found one that I could not use it for. :cool::cool::cool:

Archived