Question about Millie Tables

I am getting a new to me 2005 Millie with a 14 foot table. Although I hear there are many advantages to this size, 12 ft would be better for my space. I will be trying to trade locally.

My question is are there any differences in the table/poles etc from year to year? Would it make a difference if I traded a 2005 for anything down to a 2002 or up to 2010 (except for Bliss of course)?

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

I believe the table was changed in 2002 or 2003, after the new owners took over. Jim Kaldenburg is an engineer, and improved the old table a great deal! You should probably call APQS to get the final word on this.

I always tell my customers to get the largest table they can fit into their space. Having said that, my sister had a 10 foot table for several years, and could do anything up to 100". She now has a 12' table and hasn't had to send any king size quilts my way for a long time. However, her space is so tight, she can't even add the motor for the auto fabric advance., which takes up 9". Fabric advance is an option I wouldn't want to be without!

If you're getting a 2005 Millie, does it have the newer M&M wheels? If not, that's the FIRST thing I'd change. The difference is unbelievable!

Archived