Spit, ICK!

First you bleed, then you spit. ICK!

I've just never thought that spitting-thing was a good idea. That's just icky. But what to do?

My local quilt shop has turned me onto a product called Grandma's Secret Spot Remover. It's NOT a secret anymore. It really works.

Recently I was working on a quilt with a white back, of course, and rolling it up I noticed a huge red spot on it about the size of a large egg. Oh dear. I thought, "How could they have not seen that before they brought it to me." Duh, I was bleeding on the quilt!

Step One: STOP the bleeding! ;)

Then blot the area, dampen it again with clean water, add a drop of the cleaner and work out the blood.

The stain I was working on was still wet when I found it. Not sure if the results would be the same if it were already dry, but I was very happy with the results this time and I'll definitely be keeping this little secret in my studio from now on.

Guest Linda S

Compare that to a bottle of shout or something like that. As I say, I do occasionally use that spot remover -- and I even buy it wholesale, but cheap it is not.

Linda

Hi Everyone,

I've had great luck removing many "body fluid" type of stains (including blood) with Oxi Clean Baby. I bought it to use on my Granddaughter, Layla's, clothes. It is great for many stains. I don't quilt for customers, so I've only used it on my own things. Sandy

PS: Layla is 4 1/2 months old and my pride and joy!

Archived