MQX Exhibit quilt on broken IQ

Guest Linda S

Guest Linda S

Here are some photos I took of a little quilt I did for an exhibit at MQX East. It's part of the Neutrals Fusion exhibit. Most of the quilts will be virtually the same -- same middle of nine-patches and snowballs, a colorful 1" inner border, and then a 5" outer border (pieced or plain). It's all about the quilting. I quilted mine with a hot-wired IQ. My Intelliquilter broke down in stages starting about a week ago. It got worse and worse, overheating, not aligning properly, not allowing me to save changes, freezing up, causing me to go nearly stark raving mad. Anyway, I have a new tablet on its way to me, and here is the little quilt. Thank goodness it's not being judged!!

post--13461908364907_thumb.jpg

Guest Linda S

Ooops! I should have explained more! The IQ is still a solid investment. Like any system, they have to buy their computers from a general computer company, and about mid-summer last year, the Tablet Kiosk (that builds the IQ tablet) got a bum batch of tablets that have the problem I have. Once Intelliquilter realizes you have this problem tablet, they send you a replacement and either repair yours or let you keep the replacement. You can't ask for better support from a company. IQ rocks! I just happened to have this problem when the head of the company was out of town. Had I not procrastinated on the quilting, this would never have happened (having to quilt it on a gerri-rigged machine).

The quilt will not be judged. It's just part of an exhibit on quilting at MQX East.

Guest Linda S

I'll look for you too, Libby. I'll be there Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Most of Wednesday, I'll be in classes, but should be out and about a bit more on the other two days.

Archived