blade sharpener

Guest Linda S

I have the True Sharp electronic sharpener. I really like it. You do have to read the instructions, and you have to realize that you need to flip the blade over and sharpen it a couple of times, but I have to say I haven't had to buy blades in quite some time now.

Thanks Linda for the information. Iguess I will have to look around for the best price since I am not able to buy wholesale. Which brings me to another question for you. I don't really have a business but thought about it and was wondering if it is fesable to just go ahead and get a sale tax number so that I can buy wholesale? Most of what I do is donations for the projects I do and an occasional thing for some one else. Not very confidant I guess you could say to move into a business the business isn't very good where I am anyways. What is your opinion on the wholesale aspect?

Guest Linda S

Bonnie - it's kind of hard for me to say. You might want to go on-line or call some of the wholesale companies and find out what it takes to establish and keep an account with them. I opened my two main accounts (with Checker Distributors and EE Schenck Co) back in 2004 and 2005, and I think the rules may have been different back then. I know Checker has a different standard if you are a longarm quilter rather than a quilt shop. Most places will require you to make an initial purchase of about $300-400 wholesale, subsequent orders after that will need to be about $150. I've never had problems meeting that, as I order patterns and supplies for things I make for craft shows, as well as things I need for classes I teach, along with supplies for my quilting business.

Archived