NQR - Travel iron

Hi everyone!

What do you use as a travel iron? I need suggestions please. Thanks.

I use and LOVE the little Rowenta travel iron for sewing. I just broke another one. I just called Rowenta and they told me it's a travel iron, not for sewing. Huh? It's not for every day use. What if I travel every day? Huh? They tried to explain the difference to me. It's for ironing wrinkles not seams. But don't shirts/blouses/trousers have seams? Huh? HELP ME. I told the lady that that wasn't a very good response.

Wow. An iron that isn't for taking wrinkles out of fabric? Not a very good recommendation for it ;) and I imagine the Rowenta person had that excuse handy ("it's not for sewing") as an easy way out so they didn't have to stand behind their product.

Great product idea--a small steam generator/gravity feed iron made specifically for quilters. Compact, refillable without having to cool down, packed in a carry case, and not too expensive. I'll get Dennis right on it!:P

I have to say, I found a little Proctor-Silex travel iron at a garage sale about 10 years ago when I was living in Alaska for $2.00 and it really gets hot and does a great job...it goes to all of my quilting retreats with me and is handy to keep next to my machine when I do have the luxury of sitting and and sewing on my DM.

I also tried out several Rowenta's when I first started LA-ing and had problems with everyone and finally went with a mid range full size iron...sometimes those are the best...

Archived