Machine Adjustments For Different Threads

Hi everyone,

Very cool site! Hope it takes off. I'd love to talk with other Millie owners. So here's a discussion question, and we'll see what happens.

What adjustments do you need to make to your machine when you change types of threads? What would you do specifically for monofilament or Nymo threads?

Thanks!

Deb Cannon

Hi Deb,

I always YLI .004 for SID and outlining, combined (usually) with re-wound long filament polyester (available from APQS) in the bobbin.

I just loosen the top tension by 1/2 to a full turn and start quilting. I don't use a "sock", but do use a small piece of Hobb's 80/20 in the first thread hook about the cone, just to "tame the thread" as it comes off the spool.;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Deb,

I have been using Sulky poly clear and smoke for my SID and have had no problems with it. I do mount it on the optional thread post (from the Hartleys) that I have mounted on the top of the Milli. I loosen the tension, and also only use the 1st and 3rd hole in the 3-hole guide above the tension disk. I normally use the poly prewound bobbins that can be purchases from APQS and elsewhere. Hope this helps you and others.

Carol Wiles

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Deb,

I also loosen off the top tension and use the Hartley spool holder, usually 3 turns if using signature thread in the bobbin. I have also used mono in the bobbin (when the customer insists on thread matching backing plain colored homespun dark and cream top) signature on top mono in bobbin with no adjustment to tension . Hope this helps.

Kay;)

Archived