Delights or Classics

I have my shopping cart ready with my thread order from bobbin central ,how much of a differance is there between the classics and delights bobbins ,right now I have the delights ,my whites are running out fast so I have ordered the karen threads just want to make sure the delights are worth the extra ,thanks

Guest Linda S

Both! I like both the classics and the delights. The Classics actually hold more thread than the delights do. The thread on the delight bobbins is a bit thicker than the classics.

Personally, I like the Classics because you get so much more on the bobbin! Regular L bobbins have 135 yards on Classics versus 72 yards of thread on the Delights (though I have an M bobbin and get even more on those!).

The Delights bobbins are the exact same thread as the Glide thread on the cones, 40 wt. The Classics is a thinner thread, not as thin as Bottom Line thread but it is on the thin side, and they are 60 wt.

Even though I prefer the Classics, I don't use the Classics on everything, just on things that I'm quilting dense patterns. When I buy the Delights, I only buy neutral colors or if I buy the bolder colors, I buy them to match the cones of the thread I'm using on the top.

I'm sure this isn't too helpful to you, Queenie, but it's just what I do. And I don't quilt a ton like some of the ladies here, just a few quilts a week. I bought a bunch of cones to begin with and decided the Glide cones aren't my favorite, but I do love the bobbins. I would suggest buying small to see which you prefer.

Archived