Jewel Tones

I went shopping this morning for some birthday block fabric, specifically jewel tones. I was thinking that jewel tones are the dark rich colors such as deep blues, purples, dark reds, teals, etc. The LQS said jewel tones are the bright solid rainbow colors.

Can someone clarify?

Thanks,

Debbi

Hi Debbi---

Jewel tones are the colors of jewels--emerald, amethyst, topaz, garnet, ruby, sapphire. You are right and the LQS is not!!! Also, deep, mottled colors are so much prettier than solids. Dark batiks are what I consider to be jewel-toned. Isn't it great that you get to choose?

Will you be at Innovations this fall? We need to get together!

Linda Rech

Thanks Linda. I thought I was right, but started doubting myself when the LQS said otherwise. I was thinking dark batiks also.

As long as my daughter lives in the Tacoma area, I plan to schedule vacations and time with her the same time as Innovations. Hope to see you there!!

Debbi

Hi All,

Got to go to LQS (40 mi. away in Kalona...Amish, Mennonite area) to get fabric for blocks today. I needed to get jewels tones and batiks. That was the way they explained it to me at Willow Creek...the colors of jewels.

Are shops in your areas having trouble staying open? Our local shop closed over a year ago...doing well, but she wanted to spend more time as a new grandma. Kalona has had 2 shops close and now 2 left. I know you can shop online, but nothing like getting to feast you eyes and let your fingers touch along with the wonderful advice and sharing that goes on in a shop. It was such a treat. Thanks to you who gave me a good excuse to go:D. Thankfully the sleet didn't keep us from getting home safely.

Archived