Press for tee shirts quilts

I really don't like ironing the stabilizer onto the back of tee shirts and the clothing I get to make memory quilts out of.

Do you use a special press? Please share any details with me. What brand? What price range? Good points; bad points? Portability?

I don't want or need any more gadgets that sit on my shelves and don't get used, so I am trying to do some research on this before I buy one.

Thanks for reading this.

I have a 15x15 shirt press that I use for my sublimation work, and it gets used ALOT to press stabilizer on. It is a HIX brand HT-400. Expensive, but it wasn't purchased for quilting, but now it also gets used for this. Heat presses can be found used quite often but they are heavy as sin and still expensive. I have a friend who brings over a lot of pieces to be pressed at one time and we visit as she whips them through the press. Maybe you can find someone or a business with one that would do that for you if you don't want to invest in one. If you were closer I would let you come over and do them here!

Yep, I use a heat press and love it. I see them all the time on Craigslist for a song so you might try there. I bought mine new. Since I do my tshirt blocks 15x15, I got a bigger press. it is 18x 20 or something like that- I can't remember exactly. It has more than paid for itself.

My son shot this video so you might need some Dramamine before you watch it. :)

Archived