Tips for Reporting Spammers

DawnCavanaugh

The new Forum format catches and blocks or ban 98% of the spam attempts, which is a terrific improvement! However, we do occasionally have one sneak through our defenses.

Yesterday a prolific spammer managed to post 44 times! Unfortunately I was on the road and didn't get to whack him until late last evening.

I greatly appreciate your diligence in reporting the spam when you see it. Unfortunately each spam report generates an email to me (and a few other APQS employees) so that we are alerted to the perpetrator. It's hard to weed through so many reports to find out if there's more than one spammer, or one spammer posting multiple times with 44 emails:).

I now have the ability to delete ALL posts by a spammer with one action instead of searching individually for each reported post. Therefore, if you find one spam post from a spammer, you only need to report that one...don't feel pressured to hunt down each post by the spammer.

In fact, if a spammer posts multiple times, you may want to post a new thread to the community at large stating "XYZ Spammer has been reported to APQS" in the topic line. Therefore if others joining on the forum run across one of those multiple posts, they will know that they don't have to report it a second time.

To report a post, look at the bottom right of the post. You'll see "Report" slightly greyed out next to the "Quote" icon. Click on "Report" to send me a notice.

Thanks for all your help in keeping the forum a wonderful place to learn, share, and grow as a quilting community!

Archived