superior threads

I need help with using the Superior Varigated threads(spell check) No matter how I tweek the top and bottom tension I get them pokies!!! I have the top tension so loose that it is almost hanging on the bottom and I still have pokies--they just swith from top to botom no happy medium is there a secret to using this thread? I would love to use it more but it just is not working for me. I have a Ultimate 1 Thanks Deb

Hi Deb

I love Superior threads so am sorry you're having trouble using them.

The only thing I do differently with Superior rayons (I think they are rayon) is that I loosen the top tension by one whole turn from where I would usually set it when using a 120 weight poly/cotton thread. So my top is a little looser than usual.

I leave my bobbin tension as is, that is with a metal bobbin it drops 4-5 inches and with a pre-wound about 2 inches.

Having your top tension too loose will cause the problems you describe.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Sue in Australia

Deb: I tried and tried with the Superior Perfect Quilter variegated and was never totally happy with the stitch. I had better luck with the Rainbow threads. My solution is to use a printed back! That way the pokies don't show much (if at all).

Have you read this article from Superior? It may help you understand about tweaking the tension:

http://www.superiorthreads.com/education/education.php3?ID=28

Good luck!

Judy L.

Archived