Computer Printer

What kind of computer printer do you use for quilting? I am trying to print onto freezer paper and my printer keeps eating it. This is not my first attempt. I used to have an older HP all in one office-jet which I loved. Alas it died. This new office-jet L-7780 is not as user friendly.

TIA,

Sandra

Hi Sandra,

I purchased an Epson Workforce #520 printer last year after doing some research. It was highly rated by consumer reports and the ink is less expensive than most. It scans and prints acurrately and is considered an all in one printer. I use it for scanning patterns and printing. It also is wireless and does print decent photos but is not a photo printer. I have put freezer paper and fabric sheets through it very easily. It really would depend what your needs are. I would look at consumer reports and see what versions are available now. My biggest issue was the cost of the ink. I paid about $150 for the printer but will make up the difference spent in the long run as the ink is less expensive than most. That is something you should consider. As a quilter this fulfills my basic needs. Hope this helps.

Archived