Question on adding micro drive handles

Hi, Everyone,

I have some micro drive handles that came with my LA and I would like to try them out. Does anyone have instructions for that? It is pretty straightforward, however there are some extra screws etc and I would like to make sure I am putting them on correctly and not leaving any important washers or anything out. Thanks for any help. :)

Sharon

PS, does anyone know why the warning post comes up under my name? I promise I am harmless........ Lol

Hi Sharon,

Don't worry about the warning post listing under your name. It appears under everyone's name, but you're the only one who can see it on your own post. It's just a part of the software program that we use to host the forum. In other forums, it's possible that posters could get out of hand and the warning system allows moderators of the forum to "warn" people about their infractions. Quilters are a pretty tame group, so I doubt anyone will ever receive a warning. :)

As for your handles, are they Hartley microdrive handles made specifically for APQS machines? If so, you should have only 5 parts in the bag if you purchased them from us....a "left handle" and a "right handle", plus two screws and one allen wrench to attach the mounting bracket to your machine. If by chance the black knobs that allow you to swivel the lower handle portion up and out of the way came undone, then it would go back together like this, from the outside (where the big round knob lives) to the underside:

1. Short black screw with allen head

2. Thin flat gold washer

3. Handle section with black knob

4. mounting bracket

5. small silver washer

6. small nut.

The two longer screws mount the handles to your needle bar/hopping foot shaft.  Hope that helps!

Thank you, Dawn! Yes, they are the Hartleys. They came with my used machine from the previous owner and the handles are indeed taken apart. I just wasn't sure about the washers and nuts since the allen head screw would fit alone. I also have two rubber o rings. Are those just accidentally in the bag then?:)

Thank you so much! I knew I could find help here. Sharon

The O rings are incidental, Sharon. The only reason I can think of for what the previous owner would have used them for, would be if she was either trying to make the handles "grip" the needle bar better or prevent scratching. Do they look like they'd fit on the screws designed to hold the mounting bracket to the machine? They were not "standard issue" with the Hartley handles.

They would possibly fit the screws on the mounting bracket, but it seems very secure without. Unless it wiggles free I am going to leave them off. All is together and on and I am playing with the micro handles now. What a different feeling! I think I could like them a lot. :). Thank you for your help Dawn! You rock.

Archived