Ozenberg (spelling?) for batting

I have a customer who is interested in me custom quilting a table topper for her with a product that is thinner than a cotton batting. She wants it to lay REALLY flat and wants to wash it without the effects of cotton shrinking. She said it was like a thin canvas and is used in place mats. I'm pretty sure she is looking for "Ozenberg" as our LQS carries it and recommends it for this purpose (and table runners), but they are out of stock so I can't do any testing on it right now.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience long arming with this product? I'm worried that it will be too thin for my machine to make a nice stitch definition.

And if you know the correct spelling, I would love to know how to spell the darn thing so I can do some research. I can't find it using Google.

Correct spelling: Osnanburg. I don't have any experience long arming, but I would wash it first because it will shrink a bunch. I have used it for several projects including backgrounds for wool applique. I love the stuff and you may find it in different weights.

Archived