Domestic machine quilting

Linda, I hear you on the size change making a huge difference. I think it's the drag, maybe, that could be affecting your stitches on the back. I know if I pull too much in any direction my machine does NOT like it. I am a little disappointed in my latest purchase, the plexiglass portable table. I thought it would be more like sewing flat on my table top, but I still get the sampler sized quilt hung up on the edge before I know it. Also, the major problem I have with DSM quilting is that I'm constantly having to re-roll the thing to fit it under the throat or keep it from falling off my table etc. etc. Someday I just know I'm going to buy a LA. But I'm determined to make money with my Bernina and save up at least some of the cost. So back to ppp!!!

Ok, you may all be gone by now, but I wanted to just let somebody know I think I'm actually improving today, yippee!!!!! I just finished quilting my little sampler, which I'm planning to hang in my sewing room/dining room for incentive to keep working at it, lol! I'm kind of afraid to post any picture, so you'll just have to imagine a total beginner's sampler. Yup, that's just what it looks like alright.

Thanks for reading, and I'm going back to do the self binding. Well....... MAYBE I'll take a picture..... if I think it looks just halfway presentable once it's bound. I'm going to design a signature stitch, just a tiny one, so everything I do will always be recognizable as coming from my Quilt Song.

OK. Rambling over. Back to my Virty!

Archived