Tightness at back of machine

Hoping you can provide some insight. Things had been going really well with my machine since you installed the new wheels and those blue washer/cushion things. However, this week I noticed that my machine is significantly tighter when working at the back then at the front. I've tried playing with the wheels (but marked them before I started so I could get back to where I started), I've loosened and tightened the carriage bolts. However nothing seems to work.

I can tell the difference both when working from the front and the back on the machine.

The one thing I did differently (around Christmas) was to raise the roller I pin my top to. I was having trouble getting the machine with the Hartley Base on to slide under the roller, so I finally raised it. (I currently have seven washers -- which also accomodates my Circle Lord.) Do I need to adjust something else?

Kari Schell

Brooklyn Park, MN

Hi Kari,

Sometimes when you have that many washers under the wheels they aren't as stable as we would like to think. You might need to lower it a little and see how that goes. If you still have problems, let us know. If we need to look at the wheels and replace something, we will take care of it!

Take care,

Archived