Loosening wheels??

Sorry,this new machine and black metal table are making me have to learn to quilt all over again.

Is there a way to loosen the wheels so the carriage rolls easier across the rails?  My Ultimate II had "loosey goosey" wheels and it would roll from one end to the other if you just bumped it with one finger. This Lenni doesn't seem to roll as smoothly or easily.  The wheels are adjusted on the rails, but it still seems to hang up.

Teresa,  Is your table absolutely level  -  side to side, back to front and diagonally?

Another thought,  when I put my M&M wheels on I managed to get the wrong thickness washer on 1 wheel.  Everything looked perfect, plus level table etc.  However, that tiny difference in the thickness of the washers made all the difference.

Hope you c an sort this out very soon.

Thanks Anne. The table is completely level front to back and end to end. 

I have a slightly bent carriage and even though it feels like the wheels are tracking correctly, they might not be.  Before I get too creative I'll wait for the new carriage to arrive and see if that makes a difference. Hopefully it will be here by Friday.

Theresa, I'm betting that the bent carriage is what is causing your problems.  I started out with the black steel table on my Lenni and it rolled quite easily.  Where my problem was is when I had a big quilt on the frame (96" - 98"), it always felt "tight" for the way it would roll as I was quilting on the far edges, making it difficult to do nice, swirly things in the borders.  Let us know how you come out once you get the new carriage on. 

Archived