Vermont Quilt Festival

We had another wonderful Festival this year despite the awful weather several days and several times each day :lol:

I wasn't able to post photos during the week as I was working 18 hour days and had no wifi where I was staying. 

Birgit Schueller won a Blue ribbon and a special award for embellishment and the quilt got a lot of attention from attendees marveling over her wonderful work.

I haven't had a chance to identify any other Forum members who won ribbons so chime in if you visited and/or know of any.

DeLoa Jones' classes went well and we were fortunate to have our own wonderful Dawn running the APQS booth.  I also managed to catch up with Charlotte Bowser and Heidi Merrill from NY and Suzan Pons from France.  Forgive me if I missed any others of you visiting or have forgotten - I'm still sleep deprived!  Meg Fazio,  did you get there?  Sorry I missed you if you did.

post-1527-0-10546800-1372706628_thumb.jpg

Hi Anne...

I did get there Saturday.

My sister and spent the whole day.

We really enjoyed it.

I think I saw you there...you were speaking to someone and I didnt want to interrupt. You looked very official in you apron! While I was waiting, I wandered about 6 steps away to check out a vendor and when I turned around, you were gone! Oh well,I guess it wasn't meant to be.

I ran into Charlotte in the ladies room. LOL!

Dawn gave me a great show of Quilt Path.

I missed Heidi & Sue, too!

Sorry I missed you Meg.  I'm responsible for the vendors in the 2 Merchants Malls and managed to walk on average 5 miles a day as we set up early last week and through the Festival.  My weight watchers check in had better be good this week! :lol:

Any more thoughts about a 'Moxie' like group in the North East?  I think Charlotte and Heidi are still interested and we also have a new Millie owner here in NW Vermont who would be interested.

Archived