So many trips.. In each Trip Around the World I'd suggest trying something very curved, maybe a spiral a set of circles. or a spiral of feathers, but not the formal one, which to m

e means a perfect circle circled with perfect feathers.. Let it be your work.   I'm also thinking line dance or TT would be terrific, but in so many blocks.. maybe both line dance and a ring of feathers in each block.

A single medalion design would be quite striking, and yet if not too dense, wouldn't over power the quilt.. A simple one without a lot of tiny stuff.

Good luck, you will make it look Great.

Rita

I was thinking about a medallion of some kind too, but I also thought a perfect feathered wreath would not look right.  So I'm kind of stuck. I ended up doing cursive l's in the green inner border.  At this rate I will have all the borders done and the entire center unquilted.  I have seen many with terry twist designs, but there are SO many little squares and they are only about 2 inches each.

I was going to suggest the same thing.  You could put a pattern in the center of each trip.  Just decide how big you want it, then finish with cc's. For instance, you could make a diamond design, outline it, then fill the inside.

Archived