Help - Thread breaking every inch.

Hi everyone I've had trouble over the last few days, broke 4 needles in 4 mins, timing was out fixed that and burrs, now after trying to fine tune everything the thread is still breaking after a few stitches. I have re read the threads on the topic and have tried all the solutions there was mention of a sledge hammer in one thread of Grammies it's sure looking good to me at the moment. can anyone offer a solution????Help

Hi Lesley,

Since no one else has jumped in here.... if this is the same thread you were using and didn't have breakage prior to the needles breaking, you may still have a burr underneath..also sand the hole on the plate that the needle goes though as that can get nicked when needles break and try loosing the upper tension a bit. I feel your pain, been there more than a few times lately.:mad:

Thank you Hester,

I tried another thread BL and it worked fine I also tried King tutt & signature threads and they are breaking all the time as well, the polly threads seem to be sewing fine the cotton threads are breaking I have never had this problem untill now, I have re sanded everything and it still persists.:(

Does this mean there is still a slight burr somewhere? thank you for your reply.

Ps I have masterpiece in the bobbin, it's only the top thread breaking.

Archived