present for son...

My son turns 15 tomorrow - I cannot believe it!! In January, I pre-ordered a game for his XBOX 360 that was to be in by the first of March. Guess what - I went down to pick it up and it wont be in untill April. He wanted it soooooo badly. I paid for it and they gave me an empty cover box so I had at least something to give him besides the socks and underwear that are a family tradition. He is also getting a new Tshirt (funny saying) and a deck of new UNO cards that he can play with friends at school(lunch time) and a gift card from sister. He is still getting a lot but the main gift won't be here for another 3 weeks. I HATE THAT!!!

Patty

I hear you, Patty! I had a similar problem with a Christmas present for my son that was back-ordered, but didn't tell me until the week of! Anyway, waiting for it makes it that much more fun when they finally do get it. Its' the thought that counts, and your boy will know you care when he sees the box. You did your best, Mom. He can't ask for more than that.

I was slightly disappointed, though, because I thought I'd get to see yet another gorgeous quilt from you, LOL! Maybe next year? A 16 quilt, yeah.... Don't you just love it when others come up with new projects for you to do? LOL!

Happy b'day to your boy, who must be sew happy to have a quilting mom. :)

Archived